Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

2.17.2013

Treasures and Treats


Ah, the treasures that can be discovered while wearing a pair of kid boots and a bustle! While adventuring with a group of fellow steampunks, we went to an antique store called 'Shoulder to Shoulder'. They had so many things. About half of everything were military antiques. Some toys, a few odds and ends, and several curious pieces. I found two objects that I took home. These are the objects in the photo above. The straight-razor looking object is a straight style trimmer. I thought that it was really interested, and it's probably from the 1950s or so. I have to do some research to see if I can learn anything about it, but for the being, it is sitting on my shelf next to my 1940s straight razor. The smaller object next to it is a Civil War bullet. Pretty cool! It is pretty aged and dusty, and absolutely adore having an object from my favourite time period. 


Down the road, we checked out an army surplus store. I got my hands on a nice canteen! Good to have, and way better than just having a water bottle. Being able to sling something over your back instead of carrying by hand is always a better way to go. Just in case.


Last of all, I made cinnamon buns! I've made biscuit style cinnamon buns before, but these are actual yeast bread style. They turned out wonderfully, all light and fluffy, and not too sweet. Tasty tasty tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment