Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

12.22.2012

Lumberjacks

Recently, the folk known as hipsters have given lumberjacks a bad name, in an attempt to dress like them. The plaid flannel shirt, the bushy beards, wool socks and boots. Still, lumberjacks should be honoured, especially on winters like today, where nothing is as nice as a roaring fire. After all, who cuts the wood? Lumberjacks. Even if you yourself cut the wood, it is the spirit of the lumberjack that makes it possible.

Why do I bring this up? Well, as I was building a fire, I found myself wearing blue jeans, an old flannel shirt, and a rocky hoodie. It struck me as lumberjack-ish. Kind of lumberjack chic.



Don't get me wrong, it's one of the most comfortable outfits I've been in for weeks, but it prompted me to think about lumberjacks. Lumberjacks like...


These men are legit. I'm not sure when this photo is from, but it's sometime in the 19th century. They are not the stereotypical lumberjacks. But really, isn't that dapper moustache something?

I'm going to stop writing. I have no idea where I was going with this.

Long story short, plaid is great, I love flannel, and lumberjacks have a romanticised swellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment