Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

9.25.2012

Latesummer Night's Dream (And light bulbs)

For some bizarre and mysterious reason, the antique lamp that I have in my room is a source of inspiration and awe. It is decorated with many fabrics and things, and because of this, it always makes me think of Midsummer Night's Dream. Leaves and fairy things and fur and miscellaneous things that I'm drawn to...

The result of being particularly drawn to my lamp this evening was a photo shoot of sorts. My lamp still uses an older light bulb (a non-halogen non-"green" light bulb), and it doesn't have a lampshade. Because of this, it throws the most amazing light. It is also an interesting object to look at. Light bulbs are such fascinating mechanical creatures.



Recently I've been craving Shakespeare in my life. Hamlet and Midsummer Night's Dream in particular...

No comments:

Post a Comment