Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

7.05.2012

Goodnight Moon

While I was driving home last night, I noticed the moon rising. As far as astral beings go, the moon is likely my favourite. So many legends and myths, and beyond legend it is the most beautiful thing that hangs in our sky. Last night when it was rising, it was a brilliant orange, like a fireball hanging in the sky. It lightened ever so slightly as it rose higher and higher.
Grainy, zoomed-in photos simply do not do it justice. Still, this is a tiny farm off in the distance, overshadowed by the moon. I hate how impossible it is to photograph the moon... but then again, maybe that's the point.

And for the record, I was thinking of this song and had to switch to it immediately and listen to Said The Whale all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment