Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

6.02.2012

How To Find New Things

New discoveries! Without the use of social networking. Instead... Google images. Today, I discovered a fantastic indie band, simply by typing in bizarre things into Google images. Undoubtedly, this could be horrible hit-or-miss, but today is was an absolute success. I was typing in 'fabric tent spooky' and one of the results was a picture of a band called 'Spooky Campers'.

For the record, this is the image I found:
Which allowed me to conclude that they were an indie band. Was I correct? Yes. Are they amazing? DEFINITELY.

I can't really describe their sound. They remind me of mixtures of other music I've been frequenting lately, like Wolf & Cub, maybe some alt-punk, some Black Keys type sounds, all the while having a definite Canadian feel. I don't know what that means, but it means something, and it's there. I'm proud to be from the same country as such musicians.

Just to be safe, here is a link to the music on Bandcamp. Enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy further!

No comments:

Post a Comment