Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

1.26.2014

100 things no one cares about

I watch a lot of YouTubers, and one thing that I enjoy are tag videos, where they answer several questions that have been pre-recorded by the stone tablet of time. Or... however they get started. Because of my goal to think about myself and my identity and such (and not have another identity crisis), I've decided to do the "tag" 100 things no one cares about. I took the questions from my favourite YouTuber, Grav3yardgirl. Technically, there are only 99 questions, so Grav3yardgirl made up #100, but I'm not going to answer it. Now, without further ado, may I present my 100 things no one cares about 99 things no one cares about. 

1: Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?

Neither. We never got around to attaching our closet doors. Normally I prefer to have them either fully open, or fully closed. If it's a crack or something it creeps me out.

2: Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
I'm more likely to take the little soaps.

3: Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?

I like to have them tucked in, but my husband usually kicks them out.

4: Have you ever stolen a street sign before?

Kind of. 

5: Do you like to use post-it notes?

Yes. They make me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

6: Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?

Sometimes. I'm more likely to just not cut out coupons, though.

7: Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?

Probably bees. Bears are freaking terrifying.

8: Do you have freckles?

Yes, a whole lot of them. 

9: Do you always smile for pictures?

No, because I don't like showing my teeth. I tend to kind of smirk.

10: What is your biggest pet peeve?

There are a lot of them... I can't really think of any off of the top of my head.

11: Do you ever count your steps when you walk?

Nope.

12: Have you ever peed in the woods?

Many times.

13: What about pooped in the woods?

Not that I can think of.

14: Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?

Sometimes. Particularly if I'm out shopping by myself. Then again... I don't know if it can be constituted as dancing...

15: Do you chew your pens and pencils?

Nope.

16: How many people have you slept with this week?

One. My husband.

17: What size is your bed?

Uh... double... I think...

18: What is your Song of the week?

"Lolita" by Lana Del Rey.

19: Is it okay for guys to wear pink?

Yes. Just as it's okay for girls to wear blue. God, what a stupid question.

20: Do you still watch cartoons?

Of course.

21: What's your least favorite movie?

I really didn't like "This Is The End". 

22: Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?

The dead center of the prairie, or in a hollowed out tree.

23: What do you drink with dinner?

Varies from day to day. Sometimes nothing, sometimes milk, sometimes juice, sometimes alcohol.

24: What do you dip a chicken nugget in?

Depends. Usually plum sauce, or sweet n sour. 

25: What is your favorite food?

Whatever I'm craving most. 

26: What movies could you watch over and over and still love?

Great Gatsby, Everything is Illuminated, Shutter Island, The Devil's Rejects... I have a lot of movies like that.

27: Last person you kissed/kissed you?

My husband.

28: Were you ever a boy/girl scout?

Nope.

29: Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?

Depends on the magazine. Even then, probably not. I'd be more likely to pose in lingerie, but I'd have to be pretty dang confident.... and comfortable.

30: When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?

Does a thank-you letter count? If so... a few months ago, I guess... 

31: Can you change the oil on a car?

I should be able to... but I don't know that I can.

32: Ever gotten a speeding ticket?

Never. Too paranoid to speed.

33: Ever ran out of gas?

Nope. Too paranoid to run out of gas.

34: Favorite kind of sandwich?

I'm a hamburger fiend. Otherwise I'm very fond of the chicken sandwich from Cafe Rosso, and the brie cheese, chicken, and apple sandwich that Earl's had for a while. That was sooo tasty.

35: Best thing to eat for breakfast?

Anything with a side of bacon, and a cup of tea. I'll eat pretty much anything for breakfast. I'm a breakfast person.

36: What is your usual bedtime?

10 PM. Later on weekends, but I like to get up early.

37: Are you lazy?

Depends. I can be. Depends on how lethargic I'm feeling.

38: When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?

My favourite thing to dress up as was a gypsy. I remember dressing up as a gypsy many years in a row. Then again, I just wanted to be a gypsy in general.

39: What is your Chinese astrological sign?

Monkey.

40: How many languages can you speak?

I can speak English, enough French to understand things, enough Mandarin to be polite, and enough Latin to be pretentious.

41: Do you have any magazine subscriptions?

Not at the moment. I'd like to have National Geographic or something similar, but I never live in the same place long enough.

42: Which are better legos or lincoln logs?

Lego. Obviously. How is that even a question. HOWEVER. I do NOT condone the Lego for girls. It's stupid. Lego should be Lego, and all the people should be universal.

43: Are you stubborn?

Ha... I think I can be. I can also be rather hot-headed. 

44: Who is better...Leno or Letterman?

I don't watch either, but I really don't like Leno. And Letterman does get guests who I like.

45: Ever watch soap operas?

Not really.

46: Are you afraid of heights?

I used to be really nervous on ladders, but that was forced out of me. I am no longer afraid!

47: Do you sing in the car?

Yup.

48: Do you sing in the shower?

Not usually. I will if I'm playing music. I just like to sing along to my music when I'm alone.

49: Do you dance in the car?

If that can be called dancing.

50: Ever used a gun?

Yes.

51: Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?

I guess technically our wedding... Last August?

52: Do you think musicals are cheesy?

Ha! No! Especially old musicals. I wish my life was a 1940s-50s musical.

53: Is Christmas stressful?

I don't think so. Aspects can be, but so can everyday life.

54: Ever eat a perogi?

Yes. I don't like them very much, unless they're fried perogies. 

55: Favorite type of fruit pie?

Hm... probably cherry. 

56: Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?

There were a lot of things that I wanted to be.

57: Do you believe in ghosts?

Kind of. I have every reason to, but I'm still really skeptical of my experiences.

58: Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?

Quite often.

59: Take a vitamin daily?

I take mineral tablets every day.

60: Wear slippers?

Nein.

61: Wear a bath robe?

Nicht.

62: What do you wear to bed?

Pajamas.

63: First concert?

Gogol Bordello in 2010. I'd technically gone to concerts before then, but that my first true concert.

64: Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?

Uh... Wal-Mart, I guess. Reluctantly. 

65: Nike or Adidas?

Converse...?

66: Cheetos Or Fritos?

Hawkins Cheesies...?

67: Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?

Peanuts.

68: Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?

No.

69: Ever take dance lessons?

Yes, when I was in second grade. I've thought about taking dance lessons again. I'd like to take either belly dancing or ballroom.

70: Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?

He's my present spouse now. I picture him doing anything television or movie related. 

71: Can you curl your tongue?

Nope. I think I did it once, but that was a fluke.

72: Ever won a spelling bee?

Ha. Nope. I can spell extremely well, but I'm not a good verbal speller. 

73: Have you ever cried because you were so happy?

Close, but no cigar.

74: Own any record albums?

A few. I often buy vinyl when I go to a concert, and I used to frequent a record shop when I lived in residence.

75: Own a record player?

Yes, I do. It's a nice vintage one that my mum bought for me from a thrift store (she won it in a silent auction). It's one of my favourite things. 

76: Regularly burn incense?

Yes. We started when a friend of mine gave us this really cool incense burner and three types of incense for our wedding. Our favourite was blessings, which we went through really quickly. Before Christmas I bought three types of Canadian made incense, and my favourite is Canadian Forest.

77: Ever been in love?

Yes, and I still am.

78: Who would you like to see in concert?

Flaming Lips, The Dead Weather, The Kills, Lana Del Rey, Die Antwoord... I'd like to see a lot of bands again, and lots of other bands. I just like going to concerts. It's so exhilarating!

79: What was the last concert you saw?

Gogol Bordello. It was magical.

80: Hot tea or cold tea?

Hot tea. Strong, black, with lots of milk. I do like cold tea, but I will drink hot tea any time of the year.

81: Tea or coffee?

Tea. Tea tea tea.

82: Sugar or snickerdoodles?

Never had snickerdoodles, so I will say sugar cookies.

83: Can you swim well?

Ha... no. I'm better at swimming if I'm underwater, which is why I love snorkeling. Interestingly enough, I'm a horrible swimmer, fairly certain I almost drowned once, and yet, I love water. I'd have to. I am a mermaid, after all. 

84: Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?

I don't think anyone can...

85: Are you patient?

Depends. 

86: DJ or band, at a wedding?

I guess it depends on the wedding. 

87: Ever won a contest?

I think one or two.

88: Ever have plastic surgery?

HA. No. Never.

89: Which are better black or green olives?

Black olives. Nom nom nom.

90: Can you knit or crochet?

I can knit. I can't purl or do anything interesting... but I can knit.

91: Best room for a fireplace?

Living room. Or bedroom. Or studio.

92: Do you want to get married?

I did, and now I am.

93: If married, how long have you been married?

About five months or so?

94: Who was your HS crush?

The guy who I am now married to.

95: Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
No... I'm not three...

96: Do you have kids?
Nope.

97: Do you want kids?

Not really. At least not for a long time.

98: What's your favorite color?

Does black count? Otherwise... red or teal.

99: Do you miss anyone right now?

Not terribly. 

And... that's the end of that chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment