Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

1.31.2014

Music Monday... On Friday

I completely forgot to post on Monday, but that is attributed greatly to the fact that I wasn't listening to anything new or amazing... and y'know. I plum forgot. That, my friends, is why I'm posting on my Grimm By Design blog. Normalcy shall return next week... Ha! Right.

Recently, I've been listening to one song in particular. I keep listening to it over and over again. On YouTube, there is this group called Postmodern Jukebox, and they cover popular songs. The catch is that they cover the songs in vintage musical styles (Motown, "Gatsby" style, Jazz, Doo-Wop, et cetera). Which... kind of makes my heart flutter, and I love it. All songs should be covered to be in older genres. It's fantastic. 

My favourite is one that features another artist named Puddles. He is a sad clown (with a golden voice), who dresses in a style that is distinctly Pagliacci. Which, I love. Because I love that opera (oh, all of the heart clutching emotion. It made me cry when I saw it live... Anyways, I digress). He joined in to cover the song 'Royals' by Lorde. To be honest, I love the song, but only when it's covered by other people. I just like the other voices better is all. 


There's just something so lovely about it. Today it's been making pattern cutting much more favourable.

No comments:

Post a Comment