Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

8.09.2012

Nostalgia and stitching calm


The above image took me a little over 40 minutes to stitch on some recycled blue cloth, on this tiny little embroidery hoop. I don't know why I don't embroider more often. It is one thing which creates a perfect little haven for me... My happy place, among many. It calms me down, and allows me to reflect upon the one thing I'm stitching out. Careful little stitches, forming near-perfect cursive writing on fabric. It's lovely. I got inspired to do so after hearing a song which inflicted an overwhelming sense of nostalgia and happiness. It resulted in a nostalgic playlist, which involved the following...

My Brain Is Hanging Upside Down (Bonzo Goes To Bitburg) by The Ramones
KKK Took My Baby Away by The Ramones
The Seeker by The Who
My Generation by The Who
I Can See For Miles by The Who
You're Gonna Go Far, Kid by The Offspring
Self-Esteem by The Offspring

Weird selection to trigger 'nostalgia', I know. Nonetheless... It resulted in a mini bubble of serenity for myself, and the above embroidery (which may or may not be completed).

No comments:

Post a Comment