Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

4.16.2012

Je Ne Regrette Rien

Rockabilly is a style which I am quite fond of, and it's something that I tend to drift towards. Between that and my love for nautical symbolism, I found this great necklace on Etsy, from a shop called Red Hot Kitten. This girl sells a bunch of rockabilly inspired jewellery, and it's absolutely fantastic.


One of the pieces in her shop is this piece, which can be ordered as a brooch or a necklace. It really caught my attention, since it combines one of my creeds with imagery which I am ever so fond of. 'Je ne regrette rien' translates into 'I have no regrets', and the two forearms are tattooed with a ship and a knife. I'm so delighted that I found it, and when I received it in the post today, I was thrilled. In fact, I couldn't actually wait to open it, so I ripped open the envelope while walking up five flights of stairs. Now I wear it with pride, and might be inspired to re-draw a Sailor Jerry style mock-tattoo on my arm.

Now I really need to make a trip to Blame Betty...

No comments:

Post a Comment