Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

11.06.2012

Beautiful Things


This afternoon I tracked down songs that make me think of beautiful things, and the result was a playlist that, in listening to it, kind of sparked me back to life. 

It's not really that I was not alive or anything... it was just more of a refreshing reboot that kept me relaxed all day, as I listened to these songs over and over again. You'd think that I would get sick of these songs, but that isn't happening. Instead, I feel so wide awake at this time of night, and I want nothing more than to stay awake forever, and fill the world with the beautiful and wondrous things I imagine when I listen to these songs. It all kind of started from listening to a song that a friend posted on the Facebook. The song is 'Dirty Paws' by Of Monsters and Men. I've listened to a bit of them before, and thus I was prompted to listen to this song. It caught my soul in the rhythm and the lyrics just made my mind reel in wonder at... whatever it is that makes it so beautiful. The lyrics...

Jumping up and down the floor,
My head is an animal.
And once there was an animal,
It has a son that mowed the lawn.
The son was an ok guy,
They had a pet dragonfly.
The dragonfly it ran away,
But it came back with a story to say.

Her dirty paws and furry coat,
She ran down the forest slope.
The forest of talking trees,
They used to sing about the birds and the bees.
The bees had declared a war,
The sky wasn't big enough for them al.
The birds, they got help from below,
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow.

And for a while things were cold,
They were scared down in their holes.
The forest that once was green
Was coloured black by those killing machines.
But she and her furry friends
Took down the queen bee and her men.
And that's how the story goes,
The story of the beast with those four dirty paws.

I could create art based off of these lyrics for the rest of my life. 

And thus, I am sitting awake, knitting with tiny needles and listening to beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment