Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

11.22.2012

Silkscreen


Another opportunity to use my beautiful silkscreen! For my ongoing project with making a straight jacket tuxedo jacket thing, I made my first attempt at printing on fabric. It was fairly successful, but it got a bit messy at one point. I don't really mind, but it would have been better if it was cleaner. Then again, I only had a rough idea of what the heck I was doing, and my bedroom isn't exactly the best space for silkscreen printing.


The print I designed is a basic one colour stencil, based off of a photograph of Melvin Burkhart, a famous sideshow performer from Coney Island. It's a fairly abstract stencil, but I don't mind. It is an image of him doing human blockhead. In fact, this photograph:

Melvin Burkhart: The Anatomical Wonder and the Original Human Blockhead

No comments:

Post a Comment