Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

11.27.2012

Foxhole (a.k.a. I can make drawings that I'm proud of)


Remember on my other blog when I was talking about Astronautalis and gouache? Well guess what? I made a drawing that I'm actually proud of that involves both of these things!

This drawing is called Foxhole, and it's inspired by the song (you guessed it) Wondersmith and His Sons. It's one of my undying favourites. I was inspired by these lyrics:

Sweating through the pain of digging his foxhole that he knows is just a grave


And thus, Foxhole was born. This is the best fox I've ever drawn. Though the man is based off of Astronautalis, it is continuous line and looks nothing like him. I'm not too pleased with the shovel I put in, and I kind of want to get rid of it, but I showed it in the photograph of the drawing for honesty sake. Overall, not too shabby.

Side note, I also like these lyrics: Let's walk along the wire and watch the muzzles flash like lightning.

No comments:

Post a Comment