Hello and Welcome

Hunting in the deep dark woods and further creative ventures

5.20.2012

Taxidermy

As it's probably been mentioned several times, I adore taxidermy. There's something about the careful preservation of dead animals that I find very lovely. The only times where I don't is if the animal is made to look like they're doing people things.

For some bizarre reason, I've always been fascinated with dead things, and in recent years taxidermy has become a large part of that. Today's adventures in Etsy is taxidermy. I've gathered a couple selections of specimens, some of which are beautiful in their presentations, others which are beautiful in their bizarreness.

BelovedNYCxx
coffinhunter13
realtaxidermy
Yellow Sister Moon
shrunkenheaddotcom

I do apologize to anyone who might be offended or disgusted by taxidermy. I do not agree with killing animals for killing sake, but I am a firm believer in appreciating a wonderful creature for what it once was, as well as making use of anything already taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment